Passports, Passport renewal
All Lebanese Nationals must have the new biometric passport.
Following documents are required for issuing a Lebanese Passport:
1. Passport Application Form filled (as shown in the two samples attached within our Embassy by the applicant in person, who should put the print of his right thumb on it and sign it in the presence of the competent person.
– In exceptional cases the application can be filled before a local notary public, who must provide the applicant with the following notarized statement example:
I, the undersigned Notary Public in and for the aforesaid Country and State of _____________ certify that Mr. /Mrs. _____________, holder of a Lebanese Passport or Lebanese I.D. card no. _____________ issued _____________ (date and place of issuance), signed and affixed the fingerprint of his right thumb on the annexed Passport Application Form.
In testimony whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my official seal on this ____day of _________, 20___ at ________,
Notary Public, (seal and signature).
If the applicant chooses the second above-mentioned way of applying, a Passport Application Form request should be submitted by e-mail to: email@example.com
2. A copy of the applicant’s passport which is intended to be replaced (pages containing the full name, photo, dates of issuance and expiry).
3. The new Lebanese I.D. card or a recent Individual Civil Registry Extract or the concerned person’s passport issued in Lebanon after 1990 as well as a photocopy of one of these documents on a paper size A4.
4. Two recent colored photographs, showing the face completely on a white background, size 3.5 cm x 4.3 cm as shown in the diagram.
5. A copy of your residence card in Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia or Montenegro.
6. A prepaid return envelope with the full address in the country of residence and the applicant’s phone number or 10 US$ for return registered mail to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia and Montenegro or the applicant can contact the courier of his choice (DHL, Express etc.) to pick up the passport from the Embassy.
Fees for a new Lebanese Passport are as follows:
– 40 US$ for one year.
We only take US dollars. It is possible to pay at the Embassy in cash or to make a bank transfer (please ask for the number of the account)
– If the applicant’s old passport has been lost, a police report and 3 days announcement in a local newspaper are necessary and must be submitted to the Embassy.
– A parental consent form signed within our Embassy by both parents in person (or notarized) for applicants under 18 is required.